The Mt. Healthy Urban Tree Commission began as a group of citizens who wanted to see more trees planted in this community. In 2011, the Mt. Healthy City Council passed an ordinance officially establishing the Commission for the purpose of making recommendations and disseminating information on the planting and care of trees in the city.
We offer assistance with tree selection and care, as well as advice on what to do about tree problems. Our goal is to aid both the city and private homeowners in putting more trees into our landscape.
Would you like a tree? The Urban Tree Commission is looking for a few residents who would like a new tree planted in the space between the sidewalk and street in front of their homes. We will plant the tree for you, and you would be expected to care for it. The city has agreed to pay half of the cost, and the resident would pay the other half. You would need to commit to watering the tree weekly for the first two years. Please contact us if you are interested in participating.
We meet the second Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m., and would love to have you join us.
Where we'll be meeting in 2013:
- February: No meeting
- March 11: City Hall, second floor
- April 8: City Hall, second floor
- May 13: Community Room (by the pool)
- June 10: Community Room (by the pool)
- July 8: Community Room (by the pool)
- August 12: City Hall, second floor
- September 9: City Hall, second floor
- October 7: City Hall, second floor
- November 11: Community Room (by the pool)
- December 9: Community Room (by the pool)
You can e-mail us at email@example.com.